We are hiring: Senior Backend Developer
You are a developer at heart and you enjoy having an energetic team around you? Casually you have a gusto for the Austrian Alps? Then check out our role as a senior backend developer (all genders) at our home base in Innsbruck, Austria.
More than Metrics is a fast growing company in the field of service design. We have two software solutions (Smaply and ExperienceFellow) which help other companies visualize, analyze and innovate the customer experience. We have B-2-B customers in more than 90 countries and grow with a triple-digit number each year. We are a small but mighty team of 25 folks with 12 different nationalities and we are looking for a peer to join us on this journey.
Your role on this journey
- You will be part of the entire lifecycle of new features, from the shitty first draft to the deployment of the finished feature
- You design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Ruby code
- You take over our RESTful API (RoR/Grape) and document it
- You regularly review our app performance and take measures to speed it up
- You implement, improve, maintain and cluster our services (MySQL, Redis, s3, Elasticsearch)
- You plan, improve and maintain our infrastructure orchestration IaC (infrastructure as code) over multiple hosting environments (gcloud, aws, on-prem, …)
- You regularly review our ecosystem and perform updates and security checks
- You share standby-duties for maintenance in case of outages/errors
- You join forces with our frontend developers
Our tech stack
GNU/Linux – Docker – Ruby on Rails – MySQL – Redis – Sidekiq – Webpack
What we need from you
- You’re experienced in Ruby on Rails development and have a natural interest in other programming languages
- You have Experience writing model-, system-, integration- and functional tests (or however you name them)
- You have professional experience in designing and implementing efficient RESTful APIs
- You have a good understanding of user authentication and able to quickly adopt new technologies like SAML, OpenID Connect, OAuth
- You have professional experience working with MySQL, Redis, s3, Elasticsearch or similar technologies
- You are a skilled GNU/linux user and highly confident with server configuration and management, especially in production environments
- You have professional experience orchestrating Ruby on Rails applications
- Drive to learn cutting edge cloud clustering and deployment techniques including Terraform, Rancher and Kubernetes
- You’re willing to take part in our (paid) standby-duty schedule and be on call if something goes south.
- You are a self-organized team player and take over tasks on personal initiative
Your benefits on this journey
- A salary of at least 45.000 Euro p.a. (depending on your experience)
- 38,5 hours/week with flexible work time and optional home office
- A variety of projects in a fast-growing business
- Loads of room and support for your personal and professional growth
- Bringing in your expertise and challenging the status quo is highly welcome
- Flat hierarchies, transparency and flexibility are our working standards
- An energetic team achieving great things with many laughters along the way
- Benefits such as subsidized public transport ticket, free parking, a big terrace with a bbq and legendary team events
- The luxury of having everything in walking distance
Join us in our exceptional base in Innsbruck, Austria, the action capital of Europe.
Drop us a line to email@example.com to introduce yourself, tell us were you took note of this position and let’s have a chat.
We’re looking forward to meeting you!